Here's one alternative I implemented on my LinkedIn profile. Under the Certifications section of my LinkedIn profile, I added one "certification" called 75 Salesforce Trailhead Badges. If you click on it, you will be taken to my Trailhead profile page which lists all Trailhead badges that I've earned to date.
So how do you find your Trailhead profile link, and how do you ensure that all of the world can see your accomplishments? Follow these steps:
- Login into Trailhead at https://trailhead.salesforce.com/.
- Click your name in the upper right corner of the Trailhead home page to show a drop-down menu, and then select Profile from the drop-down menu.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to see the About Me section. For Profile Public, does it say Yes? If not, click the edit pencil icon nearby, change the Profile Public setting to Yes, then click Save to save the change.
- At the very bottom of this page is your Profile Link which shows all of your badges. This is the same URL as the URL of the page you are viewing. Copy this link to a text editor.
- Log out of Trailhead and all other Salesforce-related sites, then go to the link you copied to ensure that your profile is visible to anyone and not just you.
- Once you've verified that your Trailhead profile page is visible to anyone, paste your Trailhead link into your LinkedIn profile. As I mentioned previously, I put this link under the Certification section of my profile by adding a certification with the Certification Name of 75 Salesforce Badges and used my Trailhead profile link in the Certification URL field. You may want to put your Trailhead profile page link in the same place or somewhere else (e.g. in your LinkedIn profile's Summary, Education, or other section).
For more LinkedIn tips, check out my one of my other blogs, LinkedIn Notes.